Join the team of Future Doctors!
Medicine in our DNA!
There are two admission sessions in 2021. The first one, in winter, lasts from 15th January till 15th April, while the second one, in summer – from 15th July and till 1st November.
The Institute announces admission for s General Medicine in Ukrainian and in English medium.
Step 1. To Apply for an Invitation Letter
An applicant should submit the scan copies of the following documents to the KMU International Faculty by filling out our application form:
• First page of the Passport;
• School Certificate with Academic Records of all subjects;
• Consent to personal data collection and processing [download];
• Application for the name of Rector [download];
• National Eligibility Entrance Test – NEET quality certificate (applicable for Indian nationals only).
After throughout examination of applicant’s documents the University makes the decision whether or not to give an Invitation Letter.
Step 2. To Apply for Visa
When an applicant receives an Invitation Letter from the University, he/she should apply for visa type “D”.
After receiving the visa in diplomatic or consular establishment of Ukraine in the country of applicant’s residence, it is time to go to Kyiv.
Step 3. To Apply for a Faculty
On arrival an applicant must submit the following documents to the University:
1. School Certificate with Academic Records of all subjects (in the original and a copy);
2. Passport (in the original and a copy of the front page and the page with Ukrainian visa issued by Ukrainian Embassy);
3. Medical Certificate issued by the Department of Health in the applicant’s country at least two months prior to the applicant’s arrival to Ukraine;
4. Invitation Letter (in the original);
5. Medical Insurance;
6. 12 photos, size 3,5 x 4,5, matte.
Documents mentioned in items 1, 2, 3 should be translated into Ukrainian and notarized.
Documents mentioned in item 1 should be legalized in a way legally provided in the applicant’s country of otherwise they are stipulated by international laws.
After arrival an applicant should visit the International Office of the Institute in person, bring a set of application documents and undergo the registration procedure. The staff study the set of application documents. An applicant completes application forms for the name of the Rector and a draft of the contract on educational service between the student and the Institute. An applicant is informed about the date when he\she takes two writing tests – in language (English or Ukrainian) and Chemistry. When the applicant undergoes the whole process successfully, the University issues the Order of admission which means that the applicant is enrolled for the program and becomes a student of the Institute.
European Standards of Education
Kharkiv Institute of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences is the only private medical institution of higher education that has an international accreditation of the educational program “Medicine”. Find out more in the Licensing and Accreditation section.
Every graduate of the Program of KHIM is expected to become a change agent in society. The main objective of the Program is to train competent health care professionals who are able to perform organizational, diagnostic, medical and research activities in compliance with national and international standards, as well as to be committed to the principles of humanism, medical ethics and patient safety. Graduates must be able to work in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams, develop, implement, and disseminate projects that impact health promotion, especially aimed to fulfill the local community needs.